Top Ten Vintage Turntable Projects of 2011
As 2011 comes to a close, I thought it would be fun to compile a list of my favorite projects from the past year. Sorry folks, all of these units are SOLD.
1. AR ES-1 in Cherry with Vintage SME 3009 Tonearm, Many Mods
I love the original cherry the look of the vintage SME arm! And it’s got the terpolymer subchassis.
2. AR ES-1 with SME M2-9 Tonearm, Loaded
First AR I completed with the new classic SME M2-9 tonearm! Many more to come now that I know what a great combo this makes.
3. AR EB-101 in Custom Cherry Plinth with SME M2-9 Tonearm
Custom plinth + SME M2-9 = Heaven
4. Classic Thorens TD-125 MKII with SME 3009 Tonearm: “The Master”
Very rare to get in a TD-125 in condition this great…love the classic pairing with the 3009…with upgraded wiring!
5. Thorens TD-160 Super with Upgraded Rega RB-250 Tonearm
The 160 Super always gets my pulse rate going…
6. Loaded AR the Turnable with Rega RB-301 Tonearm
I don’t give many 9.0 cosmetic rankings….
7. Thorens TD-160 with Mission 774 Tonearm
My first TD-160 with a Mission 774!
8. Thorens TD-160 with Grace 707 Tonearm
Love this black version of the Grace 707…the first one I’ve seen in person.
9. Custom AR EB-101 with Upgraded Rega RB-300
My first AR offered with a custom cherry EB-101-style plinth from my long-time friend and finish carpenter
10. Rare and Elite Thorens TD-126 MKII
Only the third TD-126 MKII I have been privileged to restore. Lovely machines.